There are a lot of effects which is raised as the insulin level increases. Some of the effects are as follows:
- It causes water and salt retention, which causes raised blood pressure.
- You become at risk of atherosclerosis (“furring of arteries”), which can lead to heart attacks.
- Increase in insulin levels raises very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL), a kind of blood fat and one of the worst forms of cholesterol.
- Can drive the growth of certain cancer cells.
- In women, it can cause the ovaries to produce more testosterone, which is associated with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
- It also increases your risk of having type 2 diabetes.