You show no insulin resistance if:
- TG: HDL ratio is near 1 (0.5 -1.9)
- Fasting insulin is between 1.5–5 uIU/mL
- HOMA-IR is near 1 (.5–1.5).
You show insulin resistance (Pre-diabetes) if:
- TG: HDL ratio is greater than 2.
- Fasting insulin is greater than 5 uIU/mL
- HOMA-IR is greater than 1.5.
You show severe insulin resistance (type 2 Diabetes) if:
- TG: HDL ratio is greater than 4.
- Fasting insulin is greater than 12 uIU/mL
- HOMA-IR is greater than 3.
If you have a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes, it also means that you currently express severe insulin resistance.